Wedding Ring

This evening Derek called home with Skype to talk to and see his babies...
hasn't done that in a while.

It took me a whole 2 seconds to see that he has removed his wedding ring.
I would love to be able to write some eloquent words in regards to the state of my heart...
There are no eloquent words.

I think I may have convinced myself I can handle this only because I thought it was just a stage.
He is so far away.
I keep imagining that this is the 'last straw' to fixing it all.
He will come home and see me and we will realize all that there could be
And we will finally fix it.

But I am not sure when he took his ring off.

Just a piece of jewelry...
Exchanged at 'death do us part'
Taken off at goodbye.

I am still not ready for goodbye...

Comments

Popular Posts