'Til Death Do Us Part...Part II
Today my husband asked for a divorce.
It was a long weekend...one we fought over yet again.
He said on text that he needed to talk...no good bye...no I love you...just that.
And I knew.
But he didn't call, and refused my calls.
It is hard to say what you really need to say sometimes.
We finally spoke after a few not so nice back and forths with our fabulous technical aids.
And there it was.
"I am done, I want a divorce."
It's not as if I haven't been expecting it. Hoped for it many times myself really.
Yet...
I am fairly certain a piece of me died today.
There has been much back and forth since these words of course.
And we have come to the amicable agreement that we both need some space to think on things before he comes home in a few weeks.
Truth is, I told him he needed to come home now. To do this face to face. To tell our children and deal with the fallout together. He refuses to come home, but sees the point of being there for the kiddos so is trying to buy time.
I will take that, or give it...whichever the case may be. Perhaps I will get my head and heart around it a little better before then.
Perhaps I will come to understand it a little more.
Deal with the reality
and not feel like hiding from the world forever!
Perhaps...

Comments
Post a Comment